Do I get any help with the cost of glasses?

The government offer help with the cost of your glasses if you fall into one of the following groups:
  • Are aged under 16
  • Are aged 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education
  • Receive Income Support
  • Receive Income-related Employment and support allowance (ESA)
  • Receive Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
  • Hold a valid NHS Tax Credit Exception Certificate
  • Hold a valid HC2 certificate
If you do not fall into one of these groups but are on a low income you can apply to the government to see if you qualify for help under the NHS low income scheme. To do this you need to fill in a HC1 form. We have copies of this form in our practices – please just pop in and ask for one.